For anyone who has zucchini coming out of their ears.{I do} This is hands down the best recipe I have found to use this great vegetable. I have altered it a bit to fit my tastes. I have two other recipes from Chris {traditional} and from Jenny{Lemon} which are very good. I will post them eventually. But, fall evokes a feeling of needing to eat pumpkin. I tried it and my family is hooked.
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 C brown sugar
1 C pumpkin
1 C butter, melted
1 Tbs vanilla
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 C zucchini, grated or shredded
Mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, butter and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
Sift together dry ingredients and then add to pumpkin mixture. Mix until smooth.

Stir in zucchini until it is well incorporated.

Bake in 2 loaf pans for 40+ min at 350. Or, if you have this wonderful pan, bake it in this, you'll have leftover for another little pan. 

Oh yeah, add chocolate chips...it's really not good for you anyway, so go for what tastes good. You could stir them in, but I just sprinkled them on top. {afterthought}
As with any quick bread, bake until the center is no longer jiggly, but just barely. It goes from moist and delicious to dry in just a couple of minutes, so watch it carefully after the 40 minute mark, checking every 2 -3 minutes for doneness. Do the toothpick trick if you can't tell by looking.
Freeze it for later, if you can. Mine is always gone in a matter of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment