Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Alfredo

I have finally done it. After years of making Alfredo however I felt like making it with whatever I had on hand, I made myself stop and measure, and actually write down a recipe for this yumminess. It turns out perfectly thick and creamy, and is perfect to mix in a little left-over grilled salmon. A couple years ago I started using brown rice pasta. It is lighter, and doesn't make me feel so yucky when I'm done eating, especially when I'm using a sauce like this:) It should make enough to cover one pound of pasta.

Alfredo
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 C flour
2 C half & half, heavy cream, or milk
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 C parmesan/Romano shredded cheese
1 tsp salt

In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. (not too hot, or your butter will brown) Add garlic and sautee a minute. Whisk in flour until mixture is smooth. While stirring, slowly add cream, milk, or half & half. Turn heat down just a little so the mixture doesn't boil. Stir continuously until mixture begins to thicken, 3-5 minutes. Add cream cheese, and stir until it is incorporated. Add cheese and salt to taste. Serve immediately with pasta of choice. Also good with chicken or seafood:)

No comments:

Post a Comment