Saturday, November 14, 2009

One Hour Buttermilk Rolls

Grandma Lester was an amazing woman. And she could bake amazing bread. This is her recipe for rolls, and it's the only one I use now. They are so easy and absolutely delish!!!


One Hour Buttermilk Rolls
2 Tbs yeast
2 tbs sugar
1/4 C warm water
1/2 C melted butter
1 1/2 C warm buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 - 5 C flour

Dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit for 10 min. Add remaining ingredients.
{on the buttermilk, I just use the powdered kind so I always have it on hand without worrying about it going bad}
Beat until dough is smooth and pulls away from side of bowl. Cover and let it rise 10 min. Divide dough in halves until you have 16 rolls. Give one of the pieces to the kids to play with. Form other 15 pieces into rolls, and place in a lightly greased 9x13 pan. {3x5} Cover with a light dish towel and rise 30 min. Bake at 400 for 14-20 minutes. Enjoy them straight from the oven.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to try these. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot about your food blog. I'll definalety be trying the rolls

    ReplyDelete